(Click on “Presentation” or “Paper” to open the corresponding PDF document.)
- Water Management and the Lake Mead Third Straw Project – Presentation
Patricia Mulroy General Manager, Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Geophysical Exploration for Water Resources in Buried Valleys in Western Canada – Presentation
Paul Bauman, WorleyParsons
- Wetlands – Development of a Functional Matrix – Presentation
Andrea Borkenhagen, WorleyParsons
- Different Approaches in Assessing Background Groundwater Quality – Presentation
Ken Lyon, WorleyParsons
- Multi Disciplinary Approach to Assess and Manage Risk of Chloride Rich Groundwater Discharging to Elkwater – Presentation
A.Aziz Shaikh, EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd.
- Groundwater Quality Results – Is it natural or not? – Presentation
Frans Hettinga, EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd.
- Groundwater and Underground Coal Gasification in Alberta – Presentation
Alex Haluszka, Matrix Solutions Inc.
- Regional Groundwater Quality Study and Monitoring Network Development: Athabasca Oil Sands (AOS) Region – Presentation
Jon Fennell, WorleyParsons
- Surface Water Quality Studies and Effects Assessment in Mining: Methods and Applications – Presentation
Sergei G. Touchinski, AMEC Earth & Environmental
- Key Facets of Regional Groundwater Resources and their Relation to Possible Cumulative Effects, Ft Mc Murray, Alberta – Presentation
Geetha Ramesh, WorleyParsons
- Geological Storage of CO2 by Hubbert’s Force Potential and Gravitational Groundwater Flow Systems – Presentation
K. Udo Weyer, WDA Consultants Inc.
- Energy Production from Waste Using the Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactor Process – Presentation
Peter McCarthy, ADI Systems Inc.
- Human Health Risk Assessment – An Emerging Issue in Municipal Wastewater – Presentation
Karen Phillipps, Intrinsik Environmental Sciences Inc.
- Compact Wastewater Treatment System fo Domestic and Commercial Operations System Design and Field Experience – Presentation
Jan Korzeniowski, J.K. Engineering Ltd.
- Cytotoxic Drugs in Drinking Water: A Prediction and Risk Assessment Exercise for the Thames Catchment in the UK – Presentation
Nicole Rowney, Fossil Water
- Feasibility of Using Reverse Osmosis to Remove Heavy Metals and Coliforms from Water – Presentation
Roger Saint-Fort, Infinity Water Solutions Inc.
- Groundwater Policy Update – Presentation
Petri Nieminen, Alberta Environment
- The Use of Groundwater Vulnerability Mapping for Regional Risk-Screening of Confined Feeding Operations in Alberta – Presentation
Walter Ceroici, Natural Resources Conservation Board
- Groundwater and Surface Water Regulation and Management in Western Canada’s Emerging Shale Gas Regions – Presentation
Jamie Wills, Waterline Resources Inc.
- Water Quality and Quantity in the Oil Sands: The Goals, Regulatory Response and the Conundrum of Remaining Flexible – Presentation
Preston McEachern, Alberta Environment
Notice of Correction: The presentation originally posted on this site on April 28, 2010 contained errors on pages 30 – 36, inclusive. These pages were removed by the author and the original presentation removed from this site on June 11, 2010. The updated presentation, without the identified errors, was posted on June 15, 2010 at the request of the author.
- Alberta’s Evolving Non-Saline and Saline Water Use Regulatory Requirements for Oil Sands Projects – Presentation
Jamie Wills, Waterline Resources Inc.
Edmonton Waste Management Centre of Excellence (EWMCE)
- Demonstration and Verification of Leading-Edge Wastewater Treatment Technologies – Presentation
Jerry Leonard, Edmonton Waste Management
- The effect of Naphthenic Acids and Oil Sands Process Water on the Immune Gene Expression of Mice – Presentation
Erick García García, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Alberta
- Carbon Nanotubes as a Novel Filter Media – Presentation
Seoktae Kang, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Alberta
- Applications of Advanced Oxidation Processes in Water and Wastewater Treatment – Presentation
Pamela Chelme-Ayala, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering University of Alberta
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Issues and Challenges of Sustaining Clean and Healthy Water Under Changing Climate and Landuse Scenarios – Presentation
Asit Mazumder, University of Victoria
- Longnose Dace Responses to Contaminants Identify Emerging Challenges in Southern Alberta Rivers; Advancing Canadian Wastewater Assets Provides an Innovative Collaboration and Exciting Research Opportunities – Presentation
Leland Jackson, University of Calgary
- Live Liquid Micro-Organisms (LLMO) for Pond Restoration – Presentation
Phyllis Day Chief, Advanced Water Technologies (AWT)
- Water Innovation Initiative – Presentation
Frank Nolan, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council and Twyla Legault, National Research Council – Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP)
- Global Lessons on Water Reuse for Industrial Applications in Alberta – Presentation
Stephen Stanley, EPCOR
- Beneficial Reuse of Treated Produced Water – Presentation
Scott Hillier, Conoco Phillips
- Process Water Reuse Made Possible Through Electro Pure Technology (EPT) – Presentation
Sean Frisky, Ground Effects Environmental Services Inc.
- Numerical Modeling of a Permeable Reactive Barrier for a PCE WQARF Site in Arizona – Presentation
Morley Weitzman, Thurber Engineering
- Incorporating Geologic Models into Groundwater Flow Models for Basal McMurray Aquifer Depressurization – Presentation
Roudrajit Maji, Golder Associates Ltd.
- Okanagan Basin Water Supply and Demand Study: Hydrology Investigations and Modelling for Water Resource Planning – Presentation
Hugh Hamilton, Summit Environmental Consultants Ltd.
- Water Management Strategy during the Solidification/Stabilization of Contaminated Sediments at the Sydney Tar Ponds Remediation Project – Presentation
Stephen Pinto, AECOM
- Combined Ex situ and In Situ Remediation of Soil and Groundwater Impacts to Meet Site Closure Requirements – Presentation
Robert W. Tossell, Pinchin Environmental
- Tidal Implications for Contaminant Delineation in a Foreshore Environment – Presentation
Erin Robson, SLR Consulting (Canada) Ltd .
- Innovating for a Greener World with Mineral-Based Anti-Microbials – Presentation
Frank R. Varseveld, EnvirEau Technologies Inc.
- Surfactant Enhanced High Vacuum Dual Phase Extraction (HVDPE) Remediation of Petroleum Contaminated Bedrock Aquifer (In-situ Case Study) – Presentation
Leonard Chan, Canada Colors
- Pulp Mill Landfill Leachate Treatment — Chemistry and Regulatory Challenges – Presentation
Francisco Perello, Keystone Environmental
- Economic Treatment of Frac Flow-Back Water to Recyclable Condition Using Physical Chemical Processes – Presentation
David Manz, Oasis Filter International Ltd.