(Click on “Presentation” or “Paper” to open the corresponding PDF document.)
Opening Plenary Session
- Water – Lubricating Investment in Alberta – Presentation
Norm Jede, Alberta Finance and Enterprise
- Groundwater in Alberta – Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, the Challenges and the Opportunities – Presentation
David McKenna, Alberta Environment
- Water Quality Protection Initiatives in the Alberta Agricultural Operation Practices Act – Presentation
Peter Woloshyn, Natural Resources Conservation Board (NRCB)
- The Geology and Hydrogeology of the Spyhill Area (Calgary, AB) – Presentation
Clare North, WorleyParsons Komex
- Buried Bedrock Channels in the Athabasca Oil Sands Region – Conceptual Understanding and Implications to Water Supply – Presentation – Paper
Scott Rayner, Matrix Solutions Inc.
- Hydrogeology of a Shallow Coalbed Methane Play – A Case Study of Ardley Coal in West-Central Alberta – Presentation
Shane M. Harrison, SH Consulting Services
- Pumping Test Analysis of Fourteen Depressurization and Injection Wells in the Basal McMurray Watersand, Fort McMurray, Alberta – Presentation – Paper
Justin Bourne , Jacques Whitford AXYS Ltd.
Tools / Testing / Regulatory
- The Future is Liquid – Presentation
Jamie Wills, Waterline Resources Inc.
- A Case Study for Water License Renewal Application – Nipisi Enhanced Recovery Project – Presentation
Craig Robertson, Wiebe Environmental Services Inc. (WES Inc.)
- Forensic Ecotoxicology: In search for Endocrine Disrupting Compounds in Municipal Wastewater – Presentation
D.A. Birkholz, ALS Laboratory Group
- Hydrogeological Assessment Tools – Presentation – Paper
Ian Mitchell, SLR Consulting (Canada) Ltd
Waste Water / Water Treatment / Stormwater
- Effluent treatment using a Multi-stage Pre-treatment Train integrated with Electro-kinetic Remediation (EK3) and Electro-Dialysis (ED) – Presentation – Paper
Bonnie Swift, Pioneer Professional Services Group
- Surfactant Enhanced Remediation (SER) of Contaminated Solid-liquid Drilling Wastes, Industrial Waste Water, and Groundwater – Presentation
George A. Ivey, Ivey International Inc.
- Review of the Use of Atrazine and Its Occurrence and Control in Drinking Water – Presentation
Suzanne Lazorko-Connon, University of Calgary
- Potential Impacts of Climate Change of Stormwater – Presentation – Paper
Michael Hulley, XCG Consultants Ltd.
- Nitrate and Sulfate Assisted Biodegradation of Petroleum Hydrocarbons: Treatability Study and Pilot Scale Results – Presentation
David Abranovic, ERM
- In-Situ Groundwater Nitrification and De-Nitrification Remediation Processes – Presentation
Stephen Mailath, EBA Engineering Consultants Ltd.
- Remediation of Sulfolane Impacted Groundwater – Characterization, Treatment and Disposal – Presentation
Jamie Fairles, WorleyParsons Komex
- Pilot Testing of Groundwater Circulation Well Technology for a Caustic Groundwater Plume in a Coastal Aquifer – Presentation
Lynda Smithard, URS Canada
Stormwater / Wetlands
- Polymer Enhanced Best Management Practices for Erosion, Sedimentation Control and Stormwater – Presentation – Paper
Steve Iwinski, University of Central Florida
- Constructed Wetlands for the Remediation of Contaminated Waters – Presentation
Chad Brassard, CH2M HILL Canada
- Measuring Wetland Health – Using Bioassessment Tools – Presentation
Geetha Ramesh, WorleyParsons Komex
- The effects of climate change and lad use on basin hydrology: a review of major forcings affecting water balance – Presentation
Jon Fennell, WorleyParsons Komex
- Perchlorate as an emerging contaminant – health implications, environmental forensics, and novel remediation techniques – Presentation
Erik Martin, TRIUM Environmental Solutions Inc.
- Hydrogeologic assessment in support of the development of the Peace River Oil Sands deposit: a case study concerning a pilot-scale in-situ SAGD operation – Presentation – Paper
William (Bill) Wilmot, Matrix Solutions Inc.
A Little of Everything
- Integration Chemical and Biological Technologies for Remediation of Contaminated Soil and Groundwater – Presentation
Leonard Chan, Canada Colors & Chemicals
- Application of ICP/MS Collision Cell Technology for the Analysis of Trace Metals in Marine Waters and Other Challenging Matrices – Presentation
Phil Heaton, Maxxam Analytics Inc.
- Using Controlled Source-Audio Frequency Domain Magnetics for Contaminated Groundwater Site Characterization: A Minimally Invasive Approach – Presentation
Paul Rollins, Willowstick Technologies
- Water and Oil Do Mix! A Discussion on How Leading – Edge Oil Field Technologies are Applied to Groundwater Applications – Presentation – Paper
Ken Campbell, Schlumberger Water Services
Tools / Testing / Analysis
- Surface Water Quality Monitoring: Program Design for Data Analysis – Presentation
Sergei G. Touchinski, AMEC Earth & Environmental
- Is Purging Necessary? A Comparison of Groundwater Data from Pre- and Post-Purge Samples – Presentation
Brent Moore, Devon Canada Corporation
- Low-Flow Groundwater Sampling: An Update on Proper Application and Use – Presentation
David Kaminski, QED Environmental Systems
- The Benefits of Web-Based Environmental Information Management – Presentation
Paris Edeburn, Trihydro Corporation