Job Board Listing
Senior Environmental Specialist
Position: Senior Environmental Specialist
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: February 8, 2020
Job Start Date: TBC
Job Location: Edmonton
LEHDER Environmental Services Limited (LEHDER), A Montrose Environmental Group subsidiary, is an environmental consulting company providing Industrial Air Quality Services to clients throughout North America. With offices in Point Edward (Sarnia), Ontario and Edmonton, Alberta, LEHDER provides services to companies in several industrial sectors, such as petroleum and petrochemical; mining and metals refining; electrical power generating; steel producing; and inorganic and organic chemical manufacturing.
LEHDER’s Air Quality Services are provided by the Emissions Testing Group (RATAs, source testing and monitoring) and the Industrial Services Group (emission inventories, air dispersion modeling and permit/approval applications). As one of the few companies in Canada that are able to internally integrate these key areas of expertise, LEHDER is able to ensure that our client obtains significant value at all stages of the project.
We are hiring for a Senior Environmental Specialist position with the LEHDER Emissions Testing Group in Edmonton, Alberta. We are interested in candidates with 3 to 10 years’ experience who have effectively managed projects in the industrial emissions testing field. Primary responsibilities for the successful candidate(s) include:
- Collaborate with team members on job scheduling and resource planning
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with designated industrial clients
- Manage/lead industrial compliance and internal air emissions projects at locations in Western Canada and potentially throughout North America
- Measure concentrations and mass emissions of various air pollutants in accordance with various reference methods and protocols
- Obtain and recover emissions test samples for subsequent analysis
- Process field and analytical data using controlled MS Excel workbooks
- Prepare project proposals and test reports using MS Word
- Participate in field-level and general safety assessments
- Transport test equipment (truck and trailer) to various job sites
- Mentor and train new and entry level colleagues as required
- Follow designated quality practices and contribute to the continuous improvement process
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- 3 to 10 years of project management experience in industrial source testing with QSTI designation(s) a major asset.
- Possess a University degree or College diploma in Chemistry or Environmental Science
- Knowledgeable in the Alberta Air Monitoring Directive, Alberta CEMS Code, Alberta Stack Sampling Code, Environment Canada and USEPA Test Methods.
- Skilled in operation of continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS) and test protocols/specifications involving CEMS.
- Skilled in the Alberta/Environmental Canada/USEPA manual stack sampling methods
- Ability to understand and execute quality principles and protocols
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Mechanically inclined and field oriented
- Able to travel extensively (up to 50% of the time) and with short notice
- Possess valid driver’s license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pass mandatory and routine drug and alcohol tests
- Possess valid passport
- High degree of initiative and good positive attitude
LEHDER is a progressive, equal opportunity company offering a competitive salary, benefits, RRSP program and flexible work time.
Job Type: Full-time
How To Apply: Email, Email
Application Details: Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
LEHDER Environmental GroupEdmonton, Alberta
Phone: (587) 435-9832
← Back to Job Board