Job Board Listing
Senior Environmental/Risk Assessor
Position: Senior Environmental/Risk Assessor
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: April 5, 2020
Job Location: Edmonton
Position: Senior Environmental/Risk Assessor
Type: Full time position, combination of office and field work (estimated ratio: 80/20)
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posting Date: March 5th, 2020
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
Solstice is currently seeking a full time Senior Environmental/Risk Assessor in Edmonton, Alberta.
The successful applicant will scope and manage innovative and focused solutions to complex contaminated site assessment and remediation projects. As a proven leader in environmental and risk assessment you will bring experience and expertise in the provision of senior technical and regulatory advice for the completion of assessment and remediation projects at both provincial and federal levels. You will have the ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and concise manner for a wide range of stakeholders.
Duties to include:
- Provide technical guidance and prepare contaminated site detailed environmental and risk assessment reports and memos
- Evaluate and identify data gaps in historical and current datasets and provide recommendations to address any data gaps
- Build appropriate conceptual site models that assist in understanding and communicating key site issues
- Mentor in the application of federal and provincial contaminated sites guidelines including Tier 2 and site-specific risk assessments
- Develop site-specific remedial objectives for the protection of human and ecological receptors
- Develop human health and ecological risk assessments, and risk management plans
- Participate in field investigations and drive in various field conditions including potentially remote locations and under adverse weather conditions (heat and cold, rain, snow, ice, rough terrain)
- Compiling and interpreting data collected during the field program
- Senior review of reports and calculations prepared by junior and intermediate staff, including professional sign-off authority on project deliverables
- As an industry expert you will leverage existing client relationships and cultivate new relationships that will generate business
- Develop project proposals (scope, competitive budgets, strategies) and lead the client development process
- Execute all aspects of the project in accordance with client contract and ensure the quality of processes and deliverables
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and perspective clients as well as at events and conferences
- Maintain your industry expertise and actively participate in upgrading your professional and leadership skills
- Contribute to technical resources and training and mentoring to improve internal aspects (quality, capacity, efficiency)
- Post-secondary education in environmental science or related field (MSc. or PhD an asset)
- Minimum 10-years’ experience in environmental consulting
- Professional designation in good standing
- Must possess a valid, non-GDL Class 5 license
Solstice provides customized environmental management services to help our clients understand, manage and reduce their environmental impact while supporting industry and communities to develop and operate in an environmentally sustainable way.
You will be joining a company of innovators delivering services and products with a strong focus on efficiency, quality and safety. The Solstice team includes experts in soils, forestry, wildlife, hydrology, wetland and vegetation ecology, GIS analysis, conservation and reclamation planning and environmental policy. Our interdisciplinary approach brings together diverse perspectives influencing environmental management to create practical, real-world solutions.
Solstice offers a fun and flexible team environment. We recognize that people are the source of our strength and are committed to creating an environment that promotes teamwork, innovation and trust. We offer unique learning opportunities and commitment to on-going professional development.
Salary is negotiable and will be commensurate with experience.
How To Apply: Email, Email
Application Details: Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Solstice Environmental Management10714-124 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5M 0H1
Phone: (780) 293-9576
← Back to Job Board