Job Board Listing
Position: Project Manager
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: October 18, 2020
Job Start Date: When suitable candidate is found
Job Location: Fort St. John
Title: Project Manager
Location: Fort St. John, British Columbia
Direct Report: VP Environmental
H3M Environmental Ltd. is seeking a motivated Project Manager experienced in Reclamation/Remediation to join our team and assist in our continued growth and diversification. The successful candidate will be responsible as the primary internal and external point of contact for the management of client portfolio(s) including, but not limited to: all environmental application requirements, front-end environmental assessments, environmental construction supervision, environmental monitoring required to support a project from conception through to construction, managing remediation and reclamation programs and projects. This position is a time limited contract covering maternity leave with an opportunity for the right candidate to obtain a permanent position moving forward.
Role and Responsibilities: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Partake in business development, including developing and managing client relationships, proposal writing, external communications, etc.;
- Manage and coordinate reclamation-remediation projects in BC, including budget and schedule management, client liaison, technical leadership, etc.;
- Participate in regulatory, industry and stakeholder groups as required;
- Design and prepare work plans for various remediation and reclamation work (Stage 1 Preliminary Site Investigation’s, Stage II Preliminary Site Investigation, remediation action plans, reclamation plans, etc.;
- Oversee all remediation and reclamation field programs ensuring compliance with federal and provincial regulations;
- Coordinate the preparation of high quality scientific and technical reports, including permits and regulatory requirements;
- Manage and coordinate front-end environmental applications and associated assessments (Schedule A, Pre-Construction Site Assessments, etc.);
- Manage direct reports and manage daily scheduling.
- Mentor and train junior employees and collaboratively support, work in conjunction with, and advise our various practices.
- University degree or technical diploma in an environmental discipline (e.g. biology, environmental science, environmental engineering, geography, earth science, or soil/reclamation science);
- 5-10 years of environmental experience within the upstream oil and gas industry;
- Experienced and knowledgeable of British Columbia’s Contaminated Sites Regulations, British Columbia Certificate of Restoration process within the oil and gas industry, British Columbia Oil and Gas regulations as they pertain to remediation and reclamation.
- Knowledge of front-end environmental assessments and the associated Environmental Protection and Management Regulation would be considered an asset;
- Effective leadership skills (leading by example, mentorship, collaboration, etc.) and project management skills (tracking scope, budget, schedule, QA/QC);
- A strong understating of regulatory framework and the oil and gas industry; and,
Member or eligible for membership with an environmentally related professional association (eg. P.Ag, ASct, R.P.F, R.P.Bio, P.Eng, P.Geo, P.Chem, etc.) would be beneficial.
How To Apply: Online
Application Details: Please apply directly by copy/pasting this linkinto your web browser:https://cardongroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=26
H3M Enviromental Ltd.Fort St. John, British Columbia
← Back to Job Board