Job Board Listing
MRF Operations Manager
Position: MRF Operations Manager
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
Job Location: Leduc
Position Title: Material Recovery Facility (MRF) Operations Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
A materials recovery facility, materials reclamation facility, materials recycling facility or Multi re-use facility (MRF, pronounced “murf”) is a specialized plant that receives, separates and prepares recyclable materials for marketing to end-user manufacturers. Generally, there are two different types: clean and dirty materials recovery facilities. A MRF accepts mixed solid waste and then separates out designated recyclable materials through a combination of manual and mechanical sorting. The sorted recyclable materials may undergo further processing required to meet technical specifications established by end-markets while the balance of the mixed waste stream is sent to a disposal facility such as a landfill.
The MRF Operations manager is accountable for facility schedule, operational efficiencies, health and safety and revenue generation for KBL’s Material Recovery Facility. The MRF Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring the site operational team is safely meeting or exceeding performance targets through tracking, reporting and communicating progress.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage facility operations
- Ensure facility regulatory compliance;
- Generate new facility processes and procedures as operations change and/or evolve;
- Provide leadership and mentoring to MRF Facility Supervisor;
- Collaborate with KBL HR department for recruitment of new personnel;
- Coach, counsel and administer discipline according to disciplinary process when required;
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels within the facilities;
- Identify potential clientele and promote facility services;
- Customer Service and Account Management;
- Manage relationships with clients and vendors; and
- Support business development initiatives.
- Contribute to annual operating budgets;
- Assist with facility operational cost reviews; and
- Assist with day to day invoicing.
Health and Safety
- Lead by example and promote a culture of safety and environmental protection in the workplace. Ensure adherence to KBL’s Health and Safety Management System by having a thorough knowledge of safe work standards, policies and procedures relevant to the facility and the work performed by facility personnel;
- Coordination of scheduled inspection completion and provision to HSE Coordinator in the requested timeframe; (weekly/monthly); and
- Develop, implement and ensure facility personnel are regularly reviewing applicable safe operating procedures and safe work practices.
- MRF Facility Supervisor and support staff
- High school or college diploma
- Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience;
- Conflict resolution and people management;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Must be able to work well under pressure; and
- Proficient in Word and Excel.
How to Apply:
Pleas forward your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply: Email
KBL Environmental3601 75 Avenue
Leduc, Alberta T9E0Z5
← Back to Job Board