Position: Junior Environmental Consultant
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
Job Start Date: Immediate
Job Location: Sherwood Park or Calgary
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is an employee-owned, progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has grown and succeeded throughout western and northern Canada by providing cost efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. By keeping in line with our core values as well as maintaining focus on both our employee and industry relationships, North Shore will continue to be a leader amongst its peers.
We offer our employees a team-based working environment with flexible working arrangements, attractive compensation and field work incentives, performance based bonus programs, a comprehensive health benefit package, numerous paid perks, and the opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP). North Shore promotes and encourages its employees to continue their career advancement through continuous education, competency development, and memberships within recognized professional organizations. Therefore, North Shore provides generous support to its employees through paid training and educational programs, reimbursement of annual professional fees, and ensuring regular attendance opportunities at various conferences and industry events.
North Shore is currently seeking a Junior Environmental Consultant for our Reclamation and Remediation Team, based out of either our Sherwood Park or Calgary, Alberta office.
• Assist with the coordination and execution of Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 Environmental Site Assessments through to reclamation certification
• Assist with the development and execution of reclamation, and remediation projects in central and northern Alberta as well as northeastern British Columbia
• Complete vegetation assessments and weed management activities in forested, tame pasture, and cropland settings
• Assist with the coordination and execution of Detailed Site Assessments
• Assist during initial spill response projects as required
• Prepare technical reports
• Provide assistance to senior staff in the office, as required
• Promote our company’s vision, mission, and principles
• 1 – 3 years of consulting experience related to remediation, reclamation, or environmental science
• Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements, particularly reclamation criteria
• Experience with vegetation and weed identification
• Willingness to travel and be in the field for extended periods of time
• Technical Diploma or University Degree in environmental science or related discipline
• Eligibility, to obtain professional designation with an organization such as the Alberta Institute of Agrologists
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
• Valid driver’s license
• Good physical health and ability to work outdoors in varying conditions
• Willingness to work within a team environment
• Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high quality service to our diverse client base.
|How to Apply Details:|
|Please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about North Shore, please visit our website at www.northshoreenv.com.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.