Job Board Listing
Junior Environmental Consultant
Position: Junior Environmental Consultant
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: October 18, 2019
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Location: Sherwood Park
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. is a progressive environmental company that specializes in providing environmental management and consulting services. Since our inception in 2002, North Shore has offered cost-efficient and effective solutions to the complex environmental challenges faced by today’s industries. We offer our employees exceptional career development opportunities and an excellent team-oriented working environment.
North Shore is currently seeking a Junior Environmental Consultant for our Reclamation and Remediation Team, based out of Sherwood Park, Alberta.
- Assist with the coordination and execution of Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 Environmental Site Assessments through to reclamation certification
- Assist with the development and execution of reclamation, and remediation projects in central and northern Alberta as well as northeastern British Columbia
- Complete vegetation assessments and weed management activities in forested, tame pasture, and cropland settings
- Assist with the coordination and execution of Detailed Site Assessments
- Assist during initial spill response projects as required
- Prepare technical reports
- Provide assistance to senior staff in the office, as required
- Promote our company’s vision, mission, and principles
- 1 – 3 years of consulting experience related to remediation, reclamation, or environmental science
- Good understanding of upstream oil and gas regulatory requirements, particularly reclamation criteria
- Experience with vegetation and weed identification
- Willingness to travel and be in the field for extended periods of time
- Technical Diploma or University Degree in environmental science or related discipline
- Eligibility, to obtain professional designation with an organization such as the Alberta Institute of Agrologists
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and database entry
- Valid driver’s licence
- Good physical health and ability to work outdoors in varying conditions
- Willingness to work within a team environment
- Highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
North Shore Environmental Consultants Inc. supports a shared commitment to a Representative Workforce that is respectful and reflective of all staff and clients. North Shore strives to build diversity among our staff to increase our ability to provide high-quality service to our diverse client base.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. For more information about North Shore, please visit our website at www.northshoreenv.com.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
How To Apply: Online, Online
North Shore Environmental Consultants134, 12143 40 Street SE
Calgary, Alberta T2Z 4E6
Phone: (403) 228-3095
← Back to Job Board