Job Board Listing
Intermediate Environmental Engineer
Position: Intermediate Environmental Engineer
Number of Positions: 1
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Job Start Date: May
Job Location: Fort St John / Grande Prairie
We are currently looking for Environmental Professionals to be based in Fort St John to join our growing team with our Environmental Consulting division.
The successful candidate is responsible for the planning, execution, and delivery of a variety of projects. The successful candidate will have more than 4 years of relevant experience with a university degree and/or college diploma in Environmental Science or Engineering. They must hold or be eligible for a technical or professional designation recognized by Provincial Environmental Authorities.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate project planning, logistics and preparation for environmental fieldwork.
- Provide responsible on-site supervision of environmental assessments and site remediation and/or reclamation work within British Columbia, with some project work in northern Alberta.
- Maintain an understanding of all applicable environmental regulations, guidelines and associated industry practices within British Columbia and Alberta.
- Conduct all work with technical skills, attention to detail and a cost-effective approach.
- Provide sufficiently detailed, accurate, and organized field documentation.
- Prepare and complete technical reports within the budgeted timeframe.
- Allocate time appropriately to meet assigned deadlines, submit the project and third-party charges in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain timely communication with project team members and stakeholders including but not limited to Project Managers and Operations Supervisors.
- May be required to interact with the client and other stakeholders (government, occupants, and/or landowners); and,
- Responsible for mentoring junior staff and organizing project teams.
Financial and Project Management
- Responsible for creating jobs, document management and financials within internal project management software programs;
- Responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget;
- Assist in the processing of vendor payables and client invoicing;
- Work with a wide variety of subcontractors;
- Ensure rates, hours and descriptions on timesheet are accurate, maintained and completed daily
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
The successful candidate will have:
How To Apply: Online
- 4 years or more of related experience.
- A diploma or degree in a related field.
- An existing relevant technical or professional designation recognized by Provincial Environmental Authorities. Candidates eligible for registration will be considered.
- Field experience completing environmental site assessment, remediation, and reclamation work in the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Skills in project and scope planning, project implementation, data organization and report writing.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, team player operating under firm schedule milestones.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Willingness to travel (up to 3 weeks duration).
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime.
- A Class 5 driver’s license.
Secure Energy205 5th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 2V7
Phone: (403) 837-1968
← Back to Job Board