EnviroTech 2019 Moderator Schedule and Instructions
Wednesday, April 24th, 2019
Thursday, April 25th, 2019
Thank you for agreeing to moderate at EnviroTech 2019. The following guidelines will assist you in maximizing your effectiveness and will ensure a positive session for all participants. The single biggest complaint we have received about events in the past is sessions not staying on schedule. It is very important that the sessions start and end on time.
- Be at your assigned room at least 10 minutes prior to the session start time. Note: In some cases, this won’t be possible as one session may flow into the next with only a 5 minute break.
- Acquaint yourself with the AV technician who will ensure set up is completed in advance of the session time. A technician will visit each room prior to the start time of the sessions.
- If there is a problem during the session, please have someone from the room go to the registration area and one of the technicians will be notified and sent to your room.
- When the presenter arrives, confirm the name as it’s possible some companies will send alternates, or additional presenters.
- Note that your role is to:
- Start on Time
- Introduce yourself
- Introduce the presenter(s) for the time period you are moderating (name, company, title of presentation only). Advise attendees that there are bios in the program, but in the interest of providing speakers with as much time as possible to present, you won’t be reading the bios. There will be a copy of the abstract and bio for each presentation in the room for your reference.
- Ensure each presentation ends on time to allow for questions and to ensure the overall conference schedule is followed. Each presenter is allowed a total of 25 minutes to present and 5 minutes for questions, no exceptions.
- Give a five minute warning at the 20 minute mark to allow for questions.
- Moderate the question period, if required.
- Present each speaker with a passport holder and indicate that ESAA has also made a donation to WILDNorth.
- Keep one of the passport holders for yourself as a token of our appreciation for helping out.
- Conclude the session on-time.
- There is a 5 minute break between presentations to allow people to move between rooms. Please watch the timing.
Items of note:
- A copy of these instructions will be in each room on or near the podium.
- A copy of the print program will be available in each room on or near the podium.
- The abstract and bio for each presenter will be provided in the room for your use.
- A laser pointer will be on the podium for use during the session. Please ensure that the laser pointer remains in the room at the conclusion of the session.
- All coffee breaks take place in the exhibit area, Imperial Ballroom and Foyer.
- Lunch both days is in the Imperial Ballroom.
- If you are moderating on Wednesday, at the end of the session, remind delegates of The Night at the Museum II reception taking place in the Glenbow Museum and remind them to take their coats and other personal belongings with them as there will be no access to the conference area after 5:00 pm.
Thank you for helping make EnviroTech 2019 a success!