Position: Environmental Engineer/Scientist/Technologist – Edmonton, Alberta
Application Deadline: March 21, 2020
Job Start Date: April 15, 2020
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Nichols Environmental (Canada) Ltd. (Nichols) is a full-service geo-environmental consulting and remediation firm that provides environmental and engineering solutions to a wide range of industrial, government and public sector clients. Nichols continues to expand our operations throughout Western Canada and requires qualified individuals to join our team.
A winning attitude as well as a flexible approach and diversity of experience will provide you with an excellent opportunity to expand your career at Nichols.
Our Edmonton head office requires individuals on a full time (40 hours per week) permanent basis to work with our current professional and administrative staff. The successful candidate should have the following:
• B.Sc. or Diploma in Environmental Science (various disciplines);
• 1 to 3 years’ related experience;
• Able to work independently and meet critical deadlines;
• Experience in Phase I and II ESA investigations, remedial excavation, and groundwater monitoring;
• Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal;
• Able to write technical reports effectively and efficiently;
• Flexible to travel throughout Alberta and into British Columbia, and be out of town for a week at a time; and
• Willing to work in the field (throughout the year).
• Complete the setup, scheduling and execution of environmental project work including but not limited to Phase I/II ESAs, Remediation and Spill Response;
• Provide field and logistical support for spill response assignments;
• Provide data review, interpretation and be involved in technical reporting;
• Communication with fellow workers and project managers;
• Liaise with third party contractors including but not limited to laboratory service providers and regulatory agencies; and
• Provide continued client service and promote business development.
Safety training such as First Aid, CPR, WHMIS, TDG, Ground Disturbance and H2S Alive would also be an asset.
We will challenge your technical capabilities and allow you to enhance your creativity as one of our Team members. There is significant growth potential within the company for the right individual. We encourage all candidates to browse our Website at www.nichols.ca.
|How to Apply Details:|
|Please forward your resume in confidence quoting the aforementioned position to:
Phone: (780) 484-3377
Fax: (780) 484-5093
Contact: Recruitment Coordinator
Phone: (780) 484-3377