Job Board Listing
Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist – 4 to 8 Years Experience
Position: Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist - 4 to 8 Years Experience
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020
Job Location: Calgary
Work for an Industry Leader
Dynamic Work Environment
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including “Best Places to Work” by NJBIZ, Zweig Group’s “Hot Firm” and ranked “Best Firm to Work For” in four categories, “Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania” by Best Companies Group and Pittsburgh Business Times “Best Places to Work in Western PA”, “Top Engineering Firm” by both San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish! Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
Langan has an opportunity for an Environmental Engineer, Scientist or Geologist – 4 to 8 Years Experience in our Calgary, AB location. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing environmental projects with an initial focus in the oil and gas industry, preparing technical reports, conducting environmental research and analysis, completing field investigations and reclamations, and executing all work within a strict Health and Safety framework.
- Coordinate, supervise, and execute field work including site visits, Phase I, II and III ESA, DSAs, reclamation, and varied regulatory work to support oil and gas clients;
- Ensure data collection and laboratory analyses are completed correctly, within budget and on time;
- Perform complex analyses for specific portions of broader engineering and environmental projects;
- Continuously monitor and adjust to environmental and regulatory changes;
- Develop task and project budgets, schedules, and perform task and project administrative activities to include preparation of progress reports and project billings;
- Perform, monitor, and manage multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines;
- Manage, coach, and train staff;
- Actively participate in internal Health and Safety culture and have strong commitment to Health and Safety in the workplace and field; and
- Participate in the identification and pursuit of new clients, prepare proposals, develop additional work within existing projects, and attend business development meetings with new and existing clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Biology, or related field required; Master’s degree with Environmental emphasis and/or P. Geo or P. Eng. Certification in Alberta is preferred;
- 4 to 8 years of prior related experience;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements, including Federal and Provincial regulations in Alberta and British Columbia;
- Knowledge of the oil and gas industry’s regulatory and reclamation environment;
- Knowledge of quantitative and technical analyses and related software;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, manage multiple projects and clients, develop and manage project budgets, and effectively manage and coach staff;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends as projects require; and,
- Ability to travel and spend time at a job site or client locations.
We offer competitive compensation packages; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply: Online
Application Details: https://www.langan.com/jobs/environmental-engineer-scientist-or-geologist-4-to-8-years-experience
Langan100 Fourth Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta T2P 3N2
← Back to Job Board