Job Board Listing
Emergency Response Supervisor / Project Manager
Position: Emergency Response Supervisor / Project Manager
Application Deadline: December 6, 2019
Job Location: Grande Prairie
Career Opportunity – Emergency Response Supervisor/Project Manager
Ridgeline Response, a Division of Ridgeline Canada Inc is looking for environmental leaders to support our emergency response team in our Grande Prairie office.
The successful candidates will have a diverse skill set and experience including but not limited to; initial spill response (containment and recovery), environmental site assessment, planning and supervising remediation/reclamation projects, field data collection, analytical interpretation, vegetation identification, wildlife management, and technical review.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree (or Diploma) in Environmental Sciences or related discipline;
- A minimum of 7 years of transferable work experience;
- Professional designation or working towards a professional designation;
- Previous experience in spill/release events in Western Canada, initial response, containment, and recovery techniques, regulatory compliance, communication with stakeholders (clients, landowners, regulators) and experience in designing and executing site specific remediation action plans;
- Experience in the management of spill response, environmental assessment, and remediation projects on private and public lands;
- Experience in creating and maintaining project scopes of work and budgets;
- Experience with technical report review;
- Knowledge of pertinent provincial and federal environmental regulations;
Competencies and Safety Training
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction;
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, exemplary interpersonal skills and is very detail oriented and organized;
- Ability to work and be available on a 24/7 basis for mobilization (where required);
- Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality deliverables on time and on budget;
- Accountable to all assigned projects and client portfolios;
- Accurate data entry into electronic project databases
- ICS/WCSS knowledge and training as well as possessing all current and relevant safety tickets is a definite asset.
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Overall project management for spill/release events in the region;
- Communicate project objectives and progress updates with clients and regulators;
- Develop and manage project budgets;
- Create scopes of work in accordance with Ridgeline standard operating procedures (SOP);
- Assign project tasks to field staff;
- Dispatch emergency response team;
- Review and interpret laboratory analytical results;
- Accurately track and manage project costs, data flow, the project timeframes, and deliverables;
- Provide periodic updates on projected targets and actual costs to supervisor Emergency Response Manager;
- Ensure all field work has been accurately documented and uploaded to site specific files by the field staff assigned, ensure all required documentation (including safety documentation), work with the support of our technical team to determine site specific guideline objectives and project goals;
- Review completed reports for accuracy and formatting.
- Work with the billings coordinator to manage the invoicing process;
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and SOP’s are completed as regularly required and all safety documentation is forwarded to HSE from field staff. Educate field professionals of any hazards and provide hazard controls;
- Remain current with environmental legislation and regulatory updates, provide updated information as it becomes available to staff;
- Provide opportunities for mentorship, training, and development of field professionals;
- Competitive wages, expense reimbursement and vacation accrual;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Internal and external training programs;
- Group life and health benefits;
- Work life balance.
At Ridgeline we invest in our personnel, we take pride in our open team orientated culture and strive to provide and sustain a balance between the professional and personal life style. We offer the opportunity to our valued employees to be challenged and grow within Ridgeline through an energetic and engaging team environment.
For further information, please refer to our website at www.ridgelinecanada.com.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected.
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to the Human Resource Department;
How To Apply: Email
← Back to Job Board