Position: Emergency Responder
Application Deadline: December 6, 2019
Job Location: Grande Prairie
Career Opportunity – Emergency Responder/Environmental Consultant
Ridgeline Response, a Division of Ridgeline Canada Inc is looking for environmental leaders to support our emergency response team in our Grande Prairie office.
The successful candidates will have a diverse skill set and experience including but not limited to; initial spill response, containment and recovery, environmental site assessment, sample collection, remediation, analytical interpretation, surface reclamation, vegetation identification, wildlife management and technical writing.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree (or Diploma) in Environmental Sciences or related discipline;
• Minimum of 2 years of transferable work experience;
• Working towards a professional designation;
• Previous experience in spill/release events in Western Canada, initial response, containment and recovery techniques, regulatory compliance, communication with stakeholders (clients, landowners, regulators) and experience in the field execution of site specific remediation action plans;
• Experience in environmental assessment, remediation and reclamation practices on private and public lands;
• Experience with technical report writing, preparation of borehole logging, site diagrams, formatting site and aerial photographs;
• Knowledge of pertinent provincial and federal environmental regulations;
Competencies and Safety Training
• Strong commitment to customer satisfaction;
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, exemplary interpersonal skills and is very detail oriented and organized;
• Ability to work and be available on a 24/7 basis for dispatch (when required);
• Precise attention to detail and ability to produce professional quality field documentation;
• Accountable to all assigned project tasks;
• Accurate data entry into electronic project databases;
• ICS/WCSS knowledge and training as well as possessing all current and relevant safety tickets is a definite asset.
• Class 5 Drivers License
• Emergency response at a field level in the region;
• Communicate field observations and project status updates to direct supervisor (Emergency Response Supervisor);
• Adhere to project objectives that are established by the regulator, client and direct supervisor;
• Perform field and office duties in accordance with Ridgeline standards;
• Ensure all work activities have been accurately documented and uploaded to project specific files by the field staff assigned, ensure all required documentation (including safety documentation);
• Accountability to adhere to the technical and financial project objectives;
• Provide daily project status updates to direct supervisor;
• Ensure compliance with all safety regulations and SOP’s are completed as regularly required and all safety documentation is forwarded to HSE from field staff. Identify and communicate all safety hazards to direct supervisor and HSE manager and provide hazard controls;
• Remain current with environmental legislation, regulatory updates, and safety requirements;
• Work within a team environment and accountability structure;
• Technical report writing.
• Competitive salary, expense reimbursement and vacation;
• Professional development opportunities;
• Internal and external training programs;
• Group life and health benefits;
• Work life balance.
At Ridgeline we invest in our personnel, we take pride in our open team orientated culture and strive to provide and sustain a balance between the professional and personal lifestyle. We offer the opportunity to our valued employees to be challenged and grow within Ridgeline through an energetic and engaging team environment.
For further information, please refer to our website at www.ridgelinecanada.com.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected.
We thank all applicants for applying and advise that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to the Human Resource Department;