Hotel / Travel
Official Hotel – The Fairmont Banff Springs
Few hotels in the world can rival the majesty, hospitality and scenery of The Fairmont Banff Springs. Its unique blend of opulence and seclusion has been a symbol of Rocky Mountain magnificence for more than a century. Styled after a Scottish baronial castle, The Fairmont Banff Springs offers stunning vistas, championship golf courses, unparalleled skiing, classic cuisine and Willow Stream, a world class European-style spa. Experience timeless beauty and luxurious comfort in a pristine wilderness.
After seven years of award winning and successful operation, the Willow Stream Spa received a 2.3 million dollar facelift in the Fall of 2003. This renovation enables the Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Banff Springs to stay at the forefront of the spa industry, offering first class pampering surrounded by majestic mountain beauty. This renovation captures the spirit and ambience of the mountains and reflect the image and elegance of the newly restored Fairmont Banff Springs. Our breathtaking Spa is now 38,000 square feet and completely refurbished.
2017 Room Rates
The Fairmont Banff Springs has 5 categories of rooms for you to choose from: Fairmont, Deluxe, Signature, Junior Suite, and One Bedroom Suite. Accommodations for WaterTech 2017 delegates range from $236.00 – $636.00 per night depending on the type and occupancy of the room. (rates do not include taxes)
Please contact the Fairmont Banff Springs at 403.762.6866 or their Global Reservation Centre at 1.800.441.1414 for reservations. In order to obtain this special rate, callers must identify themselves as being with the Symposium (WaterTech) and reservations should be made no later than March 3, 2017. Reservations after this date will be accepted on an availability basis only. If you require a room in a category other than the Fairmont category, contact the hotel directly.
Online Reservations: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/watertech2017
How to get to the Fairmont Banff Springs?
RemTech delegates receive a 15% discount with the Banff Airporter for shuttles between the Calgary Airport and the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel. Click www.banffairporter.com/book and type remtech2015 in the Apply Promotional Code section on the final payment page to receive your discount. This brings the price including GST to $50.74 One Way and $101.47 Return.
From Calgary International Airport (about 1 hour 45 minutes):
- The Calgary International Airport is in the north eastern quarter of the city of Calgary. All directions to Banff will require travel westward.
- Depart the Calgary International Airport. At the first intersection (there is a Husky station on the left hand corner) turn left (North) onto Barlow Trail.
- Follow Barlow Trail for approximately 2 minutes until you reach the exit for Airport Trail.Turn left (West) onto Airport Trail.Continue driving on Airport Trail for approximately 2 minutes until you reach the exit for Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2).Turn right (North) onto Deerfoot Trail (Hwy 2).Continue North on Deerfoot Trail for about 5 minutes, then exit onto Stoney Trail West. Continue on Stoney Trail for approximately 20 minutes until you reach Highway #1 (also know as 16th Ave.).
- Continue on Highway#1 for approximately 1-hour until you reach the Banff National Park entrance gates. The gates are open 24-hours as all visitors to the park are required to pay an access fee ($9/person/day).
- Once you have passed through the park gates, continue driving West for approximately 10 minutes until you reach the first exit to Banff (noted as Banff/ Minnewanka Loop).
- Once you have taken the Banff exit, turn left at the stop sign onto Banff Avenue and continue straight. You will drive through the town of Banff until you reach the Bow River Bridge. Cross the bridge and at its end turn left onto Spray Avenue and stay to the left on this road until you reach its end at which the Fairmont Banff Springs is located.
**There is a fee to obtain your park pass when entering into Banff National Park. For fee information go to www.parkscanada.gc.ca.